Capacity building for Salt Water Intrusion Assessment Techniques
The Training falls within the WATER POrT project component's string of water resource protection aiming to build capacities on salt water intrusion among practitioners and stakeholders in Egypt.
The main objectives are the following:
- Enhance national knowledge transfer and exchange of experience between institutions.
- Build capacity of the water authorities, practitioners and other stakeholders in Egypt on problems in water and groundwater in relation to the protection of water resources and analysis of climate change events.
Key content to be covered in the training will include:
- General introduction concerning salt water intrusion phenomenon (causes, associated processes, pressures, impacts and prevention & protection measures (general principals); and
- Hydraulic processes, modelling, and concerns of the sea water intrusion phenomenon related to surface and ground waters (1st aquifer), including DS exercise.
Target group: Water practitioners and other stakeholders in Egypt on the water management in relation to the protection of water resources quality and quantity and analysis of climate change events including staff of water and environmental authorities, as well as experts, researchers and stakeholders at national and international level. Some of them are namely:
- National Water Research Center
- Nile water Sector
- Shore Protection Authority
- Regional Training Sector
- Planning sector
- Central Directorate for Monitoring Systems (Telemetry), and
- Civil society organizations
OrganiserRegional Environmental Center (REC)