Capacity building on Coastal Flood Risk Management and Adaptation in Cairo, Egypt
- Build capacity of water authorities, practitioners and other stakeholders in Egypt on planning and preparing Coastal Flood Risk Management Plans as part of Integrated Water Management;
- Build capacity of water authorities, practitioners and other stakeholders in Flood Prevention and Control Warning System;
- Provide an opportunity for sharing knowledge and experiences on local and international best practices and practical cases.
- Training related to QGIS, modelling with HEC-RAS (1D/2D), hydrology and environmental coastal risk management focused on the solution of a practical exercise.
- Enhance knowledge transfer and exchange of experiences among institutions related to flood prevention and control early warning system in Egypt.
Target group: Water practitioners dealing on water management in relation to the protection of water resources quality and quantity including staff of water and environmental authorities, as well as experts, researchers and stakeholders at national (Egypt) and international level.
- National Water Research Center
- Nile water Sector
- Shore Protection Authority
- Regional Training Sector
- Planning sector
- Central Directorate for Monitoring Systems (Telemetry)