Workshop with Jordanian NGOs/CSOs active in the water sector and gender matters
- Workshop with Jordanian NGOs/CSOs
(PDF document | 4.28 Mb)
The workshop served a twofold purpose: first, it familiarised civil society representatives with the activities of the WATER SUM project’s WATER POrT component (especially those connected to its “dialogue and cooperation” cluster); and second, it provided an additional insight into water-related challenges from the public’s perspective.
The main takeaway messages from the Workshop include:
- Importance of organising frequent awareness0raising workshops for the civil society to be informed on the current situation and challenges related to water;
- Added value of addressing the impact of climate change at local communities level to foster proper rain harvesting and efficient irrigation methods;
- Need to increase the knowledge and attitude of the population towards IWRM, in a manner to spur engagement and contribution;
- Support strengthening the role of media to raise awareness on water management and climate changes challenges; and
- Addressing families as the basis of the society: empowering the youth allows them to pass on to their familial members positive messages and actions of change in using and managing water resources.